1. There's no anaesthetic
No anaesthetic is needed during this treatment as you will only feel a small prick from the needle. After your skin is cleaned and disinfected, small needles will be used to inject the muscle relaxant or derma filler in the areas of your face that require the most amount of attention - normally around the eyes and lips. Small needles…we can deal with that.
2. Results are visible after a few days
You can expect to see the results of your treatment anywhere between a day to three days after the injections.
Expect to see the results of your treatment anywhere between a day to three days after the injections.
3. It will make your skin look smoother and younger
Ok, now to fully understand the science of what we’re injecting into our face. Botox is made from the botulinum toxin, a neurotoxic protein produced by a bacteria that can be extremely poisonous. It's produced commercially for medical, cosmetic and research purposes, and has two types of A and B.
Type A is widely used in medicine - for example, for relaxing muscles in spasm, or movement disorders such as muscular dystrophy and Parkinson’s - and for cosmetic treatments in reducing the movement of facial muscles, leading to smoother looking skin.
4. It's a very fast procedure
Botox is quick and non-surgical. Anti-wrinkle injections take about 15 minutes to administer, but this can vary depending on the number of wrinkles treated.
5. You can wear makeup very quickly after the procedure
Make up can be applied immediately (and normally) after treatment, as long as there is not excessive pressure put upon the treatment area.
6. You don't have to look 'frozen'
Different patients want a different look. “Some patients like the frozen look which makes it more obvious they have had treatment, whereas other patients want something far more natural and subtle”. The great thing about this procedure is that the result can be tailored to the individual and their needs.
7. There's no downtime
As Botox is a non-surgical anti-wrinkle treatment by injection, there is virtually no recovery time: No loss of work time is needed .
8. It's semi-permanent
Botox results don’t last forever so if you’re thinking about getting a cosmetic treatment ahead of an important event, your wedding day or purely because you’re intrigued to see how it changes your skin, then rest assured whatever the result it won’t be irreversible. A more relaxed and smoother appearance normally lasts on average for three to four months and patients will need to have treatments around three times a year to maintain the results.
9. You can inject under the eye area
Botox can be very effective at smoothing out the fine lines and wrinkles that occur in the creasing of the eye.
10. It tackles your frown lines
If you’re concerned about static lines (the wrinkles that remain when you’re not moving your face), Botox probably isn’t the best option. “Botox works best for dynamic lines, the lines which appear when you frown, smile or look surprised. It doesn’t work as well on static lines, though it can soften these lines slightly,”.
11. It's not as expensive as you might think
Cosmetic treatments can be pricey but Botox is charged per area, which means it could work out cheaper than you think. “The 3 areas where people usually have Botox is between the eyebrows, forehead and crow’s feet.
12. Symptoms (if any) are not unbearable
If you’re more concerned about getting back to work quickly than the treatment itself then it might be useful to be aware of some of the symptoms you could experience post-procedure, including bruising around the injection sites but this should only last for a short while. Sometimes your face may feel slack after the treatment – particularly if you had injections around the eyelids. This should wear off after a few hours.
BOTOX and Xeomin Post care information:
1. Remain in an upright position for 4 hours.
2. No massaging of the treated area for 1-3 hours.
3. Emote the treated area (wrinkle the forehead, smile, frown, etc.) every so often for 1-3 hours after treatment. This will help with the uptake of the Botox.
4. Do not exercise (running, aerobics, weight lifting, etc…) for 24 hours.
5. Do not take aspirin or ibuprofen for 24 hours.
6. Can take Tylenol for any headaches.
7. Mild bruising can be seen.
8. Avoid large amounts of alcohol 24 hours before and after your treatment.
9. It will take 3-7 days for the full effect to be achieved.Type your paragraph here.
Introducing Botox and Dermal Fillers